Are you about to travel or do you travel occasionally? If yes, then travel pillows will come in handy. Traveling for long distances by air, bus, train or personal car can be quite tiring and uncomfortable. You will experience fatigue, strain or discomfort around your neck, shoulders or back.
Travel pillows are designed to make your journey more relaxed, comfortable and stress-free which are fast becoming a must-have accessory for travelers. It is obvious that you shall bring along your travel pillow as they compact and give you comfort during the long journey.
Briefly looking at Travel Pillows
Travel pillows come in all manner of brands, shapes, sizes, materials and more to suit different needs, situations and personal preference. Generally, they are classified as follows:
– Shape: U, J, rectangular are the most common. U supports the head from the sides; J-shape also supports the chin while the rectangular type aims at providing basic support.
– Filling: Polyester fiber, memory foam and air are the popular fillings. Memory foams remain firm and don’t lose its shape easily; polyester fiber is durable while air is light and very portable.
– Material: The pillows are made from materials such as polyester, cotton, polycotton and each comes with its unique advantages and disadvantages.
– Size and weight: The size of the pillow is as varied as the types. U-shape type for adults are the largest and measure about 10 (L) x 12 (W) x 3-5(H) inches and weigh 8 ounces while kids pillows measure about 9 (L) x 9 (W) x3 (H) inches and weigh 5 ounces or less.
Choosing the Right Travel Pillow
Finding a travel pillow is easy thanks to the many types and increased competition. However, to find the perfect product, you need to think about the following features:
– Comfort: This is among the most fundamental aspects since the item is meant to make you more comfortable and relaxed.
– Portability: Due to the limitation of space, it’s vital to go for items that are small, compact and portable. Inflatable air pillows are undoubtedly among the most portable.
– Durability: A good pillow should offer good support and comfort but still remain functional over a long time despite continuous use.
– Ergonomics: Top products not only support the neck, chin, and back of the head, but also help soothe any numb or tired muscles and tissues.
Best Travel Pillows 2016
The travel pillows listed in this article will give you comfortable and at the same time the stylish look. Let’s take a look at the 10 best travel pillows in the below list.
- 10. Kohbi, Ultimate Travel Bliss Memory Foam Neck Pillow
- 9. TravelMate(R), Memory Foam Neck Pillow
- 8. AirComfy, Daydreamer Inflatable Neck Pillow
- 7. Cabeau, Evolution Memory Foam Travel Neck Pillow
- 6. AERIS, Memory Foam Travel Neck Pillow
- 5. Crafty World, Comfortable Travel Pillow
- 4. Travelrest, Travel Pillow
- 3. Purefly, Inflatable Soft Velvet Neck Support Travel Pillow
- 2. Trtl, Soft Neck Support Travel Pillow
- 1. J-pillow, Travel Pillow
10. Kohbi, Ultimate Travel Bliss Memory Foam Neck Pillow
Regarded as all-round, Kohbi travel pillow will comfortably fit around your neck, offer good therapeutic support and comfort your shoulders as well.
It’s made from high-grade velour that is soft yet firm while the plush knitted fabric makes it quite elegant. The Chiropractor is easy to use and doesn’t cause too much heat or sweating even in prolonged usage. It may feel a bit firm on people with large necks.
9. TravelMate(R), Memory Foam Neck Pillow
Travel pillow by Travel Mate is made from high-grade memory foam, which makes this pillow comfortable on the shoulders and the built-in removable insert can be used to adjust its thickness and alignment.
The velour covered zippered pillow measuring 11 x 12 x 3.8 inches may feel hot especially in warm temperatures.
8. AirComfy, Daydreamer Inflatable Neck Pillow
Daydreamer Inflatable travel pillow is a U-shaped pillow that is made from high elastic and smooth fabric. The gray neck pillow is easily inflated using the included hand pump while the built-in clips allow it to be harnessed to your rucksack.
To adjust its firmness or comfort, you only need to push a built-in button while the ultra-soft micro-velvet material can be removed for cleaning. The pillow is very compact as it can be stored in the bag when it is deflated.
7. Cabeau, Evolution Memory Foam Travel Neck Pillow
Travel pillow by Cabeau is constructed from memory foam and offers good support and lasts for a long time. It is covered by an easy-to- remove and wash velour cover while the included water-repellant bag keeps it safe during travel.
The Evolution foam memory travel pillow can shrink to ¼ its original size for easy storage while memory foam plugs for the ears enhance peace and comfort.
6. AERIS, Memory Foam Travel Neck Pillow
The travel pillow by AERIS is the travel pillow that comes together with earplugs, sleep mask, carry bag and adjustable toggle. The foam memory is strong, firm, smooth and soft on the body while the velour cover can be removed for cleaning.
The pillow features ventilation holes to minimize excessive heat and sweat, and also is suitable for use in buses, cars, airplanes, trains, home, office.
5. Crafty World, Comfortable Travel Pillow
Wrap yourself in comfort using the travel pillow by Crafty World. The U-shaped pillow is made from memory foam and offers support and relief for the neck and chin. It has been scientifically proven to relieve aches and stress from the upper back, shoulders and neck. Compared to other products, it doesn’t compress very much.
4. Travelrest, Travel Pillow
Travel pillow by Travelrest is suitable for those who like napping in the bus, airplanes, cars, or even at the office, camping or use with wheelchairs and backpacking.
It provides full lateral support thanks to the ergonomic design and makes sleeping, napping, relaxing, and staying asleep for longer or soothing aches easy. The pillow measures 2x 9x 3.5 inches, weighs 7 ounces and is great for both adults and children. The pillow is, however, most suitable for side sleepers.
3. Purefly, Inflatable Soft Velvet Neck Support Travel Pillow
The inflatable travel pillow by Purefly is made from soft smooth velvet, the u-shaped pillow offers good support for the neck and is perfect for adults and kids.
It’s innovative design plus the “Raised Neck Support” keeps the head upright from different angles while the free pack-sack is for storing the pillow when not in use. It uses a button-press for inflating; however, you should not inflate it too much as it may become too stiff and uncomfortable. Deflating is as simple as pushing a double sealed valve at the back.
2. Trtl, Soft Neck Support Travel Pillow
The travel pillow by Trtl comes in a unique wrap-around design that allows the user to adjust the comfort and position. The pillow is ergonomically engineered to support the neck and chin and only weighs 148 grams, which is extremely compact and easy to bring along.
It is well-suited for both short and long-haul journeys whether by road, air or sea and is also effective for home, office, camping, backpacking. Besides the comfort of the pillow, it gives also a chic style.
1. J-pillow, Travel Pillow
Support your head, neck and chin while traveling with the travel pillow by J-Pillow. The J-shaped pillow is made from top quality foam memory and will retain its effectiveness and integrity for a long time.
The removable cover makes washing easy and also boosts hygiene while the handy snap-loop fasteners make attaching it to your luggage easy. Please note that the pillow isn’t the smallest considering it measures 11.8 x 7.9 x 13 inches and weighs 7.5 ounces.
Traveling for long distances should not be an uncomfortable and stressful experience. You do not need to carry large, bulky and ineffective products that are cumbersome or take too much space.
The right travel pillow to choose is the one that will maintain its form and density for many years, easy to use and carry around, made from comfortable materials and fillings and is also ergonomically-designed.