Weight bench is designed for a range of exercises and can be varied to suit the need at hand. However, similar to any other products, the benches come in different types, shapes and sizes. It is important to fully understand the features then make a comparison between the different types being offered in the market.
Benefits of Using Adjustable Weight Benches
– Versatile: It’s designed to exercise nearly all parts of the body including the forearms, legs, hips, biceps, triceps, back and more.
– Adjustable: The simple-looking bench can be easily adjusted to match the need. It comes with a flat, decline or inclines position and several slots for storing weights.
– Multiple Setting: Several settings allow you to use bars of different lengths (5, 6, 7 feet…), varied weights, lengthen or shorten the bench and its attachments or even fold it into a smaller unit when moving.
– All-rounded Effect: You can use a weight bench for boosting your stamina, improving your strength, toning your body, sculpting your upper and lower body and more.
Features to look for a good weight bench
Before reading our top 10 best weight benches review it’s important to know what to look for on a bench. Firstly, you should go for a strong bench that can comfortably support you and the weights. Secondly, it should be ergonomically designed to avoid stressing or injuring your body. Thirdly, it should be well-designed and comfortable from any angle. Other considerations may include the space available, weight, and cost, ease of adjusting, cleaning and maintenance.
Best Adjustable Weight Benches 2016
To ensure you get the good quality bench, we have selected the best adjustable weight benches which are good both quality and price.
- 10. CAP Barbell, Strength Standard Bench
- 9. Body Champ, Olympic Weight Bench
- 8. Phoenix, 99226 Power Pro Olympic Bench
- 7. XMark Fitness, International Olympic Weight Bench
- 6. XMark Fitness, Flat Incline Decline Weight Bench
- 5. Marcy, Diamond Olympic Surge Bench
- 4. Nautilus, Universal 5 Position Weight Bench
- 3. XMark Fitness, Adjustable Dumbbell Weight Bench
- 2. Bowflex, SelectTech 3.1 Adjustable Bench
- 1. Rep Fitness, Adjustable Bench
10. CAP Barbell, Strength Standard Bench
Designed for use with standard ranging from 5 to 6 inches, the CAP weight bench comes in a heavy-grade 14-inch gauge steel frame that has been powder coated for longevity. It is effective for quadriceps, hamstring, glute muscles. It has 3 options for incline, decline or flat bench positions.
To minimize friction and injury and maximize comfort, it also consists of high-density upholstery and comes with contoured foam ankle pads.
9. Body Champ, Olympic Weight Bench
Olympic weight bench by Body Champ is compatible with most standard weight set bars (6 & 7 inches). It features a backrest that can be adjusted in 7 positions and will support flat, multiple decline, incline and military among other positions.
The dual action leg developer is also adjustable and features foam rollers for doing leg extensions and curls. Leg Developer Spring Clip, Arm Curl Bar, Olympic Plate Adapter, Preacher Curl Pa, and Foam Grip Handles are the other additional attachments.
8. Phoenix, 99226 Power Pro Olympic Bench
Olympic-styled 99226 weight bench is available in black and comes with the usual positions of flat, incline and decline. It is made from heavy 3-inch gauge steel, measures 88 x 83 x 60 inches (W x H x D) is suitable for users not weighing more than 275 lbs.
The bench comes with Arm Curl, Deluxe Lat Tower, 3 weight plate adapters, Spring Clips, Leg storage stands and built-in squat rack.
7. XMark Fitness, International Olympic Weight Bench
XMark Fitness weight bench comes with Olympic specs and is ideal for any user (beginner and expert). It’s made from heavy-duty, 14-inch gauge steel that can support the weight not exceeding 700 pounds. It is padded with a high-density cushion that is 2.5 inches thick and can be used from an inclined, declined or flat position.
Other worthy features are Preacher Curl Attachment, Leg Extension, Scratch-resistant powder coating and tear-resistant Dura guard vinyl.
6. XMark Fitness, Flat Incline Decline Weight Bench
Featuring 3 positions (flat, incline and decline), the weight bench by XMark Fitness is suitable for different kinds of workouts. Its heavy-duty styling can support weights of up to 600 lbs while the 2.5-inch cushion provides comfort to the user.
Selecting the preferred position is easy and you are offered up to 8 adjustable positions as well as leg developer (up to 75 pounds).
5. Marcy, Diamond Olympic Surge Bench
Weight bench by Marcy is constructed using heavy-gauge steel metal and can resist breakage while the vinyl foam covering provides a smooth and user-friendly surface. The item features adjustable back pad and seat, adjustable bar and preacher curl pad, locking mechanism and a reverse walk-in squat design.
Together with the dual-function leg developer, the bench is fit for the shoulders, arms, chest, legs, biceps and more.
4. Nautilus, Universal 5 Position Weight Bench
Working out from the office, home, gym or anywhere is made easy with the bench weight from Nautilus. It measures 17 (W) xs 25(H) x51(D) inches and can support user weight of up to 250 pounds while the combined user and load weight is capped at 430 pounds.
With 5 angles to choose from (-10, 0, 15, 30, and 45 degrees) you can undertake a variety of exercises. The possibility of the equipment moving during use is minimal as it features stabilizer levers.
3. XMark Fitness, Adjustable Dumbbell Weight Bench
XMark weight bench is a heavy-duty type that is made from a strong 11-inch steel frame that measures 2 x 3 inches and can support weights as high as 1500 pounds. It comes with 7 adjustments and a 3-position comfortable and ergonomic seat.
The ultra thick 3-inch Duracraft Vinyl padding is not only soft and smooth on the skin but also resists tear and sweat. The gap between the back and seat is somewhat large.
2. Bowflex, SelectTech 3.1 Adjustable Bench
SelectTech 3.1 adjustable weight bench by Bowflex is made from square steel tubing. It can support more than 30 different exercises and can easily be adjusted in 4 different positions.
The sturdy upholstery is smooth on your body and will last for a long time while the removable leg hold-down ensures you maintain the correct posture and stability.
1. Rep Fitness, Adjustable Bench
Weight bench by Rep Fitness targets both beginners and professionals. It is rated at 1000 pounds and has an adjustable height to suit varied workouts as well as folding to save on space.
The 7 ladder positions start from a low decline of -20 degrees to a high incline of 85 degrees while the seat comes with 4 adjustable positions. The pad measures 17.5 inches from the floor to its top while the gap between the back and seat is 11.5 inches.
Modern weight benches are more versatile, effective and reliable compared to earlier types. This enables users to achieve better results much faster and without overstretching or harming their bodies. They are well-constructed, ergonomically-designed, user-friendly, versatile and easily adjustable. Follow the 10 best weight benches 2016 review and make your workouts exciting, effective and safer.