Blackout window curtains are mostly hung during the warm and sunny seasons to prevent from harmful sunlight. They are made from high-quality fabric and feature designs that will make sleeping, taking a nap, or just relaxing convenient without having to worry about very bright light. Cotton, polyester, poly-cotton are among the popular fabrics that are used although each brand will be unique in its own way. Since there is no stitching, the light will not penetrate through the pin-prick holes and this creates the perfect darkness that is ideal for good sleep quality.
Why Needing The Blackout Curtain?
- Limit the daylight that is getting inside the room ensuring it remains dark enough;
- Lower the cost of energy since they conserve the temperature in the room and there is no need to turn on heating or cooling devices;
- Enjoy the good privacy since no light penetrates through; and
- Minimize the noise and maintain a cool as well as the serene environment.
Top 10 Best Black Out Window Curtains
After intensive research, we discovered the following blackout window curtains to be the top 10 best blackout window curtains in 2018.
- 10. Eclipse Curtains, Kids Kendall Room Darkening Thermal Curtain
- 9. Utopia Bedding, Printed Blackout Curtains
- 8. Nicetown, Blackout Room Darkening Curtains
- 7. Best Home Fashion, Thermal Insulated Blackout Curtains
- 6. Eclipse Curtains, Blackout Window Curtain (Single Panel)
- 5. Utopia Bedding, Room Darkening Curtains
- 4. Best Home Fashion, Thermal Insulated Blackout Curtains
- 3. Utopia Bedding, Blackout Room Darkening Curtains
- 2. Deconovo, Home Thermal Insulated Blackout Curtain
- 1. Best Home Fashion, Thermal Insulated Blackout Curtains
10. Eclipse Curtains, Kids Kendall Room Darkening Thermal Curtain
Kendall blackout curtain by Eclipse curtains comes as a single panel and measures 63 inches. The US-made polyester certain blocks up to around 70% of the daylight. The curtain also reduces noise and is also available in many colors.
Though you can machine wash it, you need to steer clear of strong bleaches particularly those containing chlorine. Also, it’s best suited for small windows such as those in the kid’s room.
9. Utopia Bedding, Printed Blackout Curtains
The blackout curtain by Utopia Bedding comes in a printed design that enhances the room’s appeal in addition to blocking off the daylight. The single panel curtain measures 84 inches long and 52 inches wide and features 8 antique grommets on each panel.
With a 1.6- inch inner diameter, it can conveniently fit on most curtain rods. Not only does it block 99% of daylight but also filters up to 60% of the noise.
8. Nicetown, Blackout Room Darkening Curtains
Keep your room dark and cool by fitting the Nicetown blackout curtain on your windows. The 84(l) x 52(w) inch / 13 x 132 cm curtain comes in 2 panels and houses 7 back loops per panel.
While the cotton fabric blocks off up to 90% of UV and daylight, the smart microfiber thermal coating insulates the room from outside cold and heat and also reduces noise by up to 40% by insulating against either heat or cold.
7. Best Home Fashion, Thermal Insulated Blackout Curtains
Best Home Fashions are leaders when it comes to reliable and functional blackout curtains. They are currently offering different versions but the 108 inches long by 52inch wide Wheat type with antique bronze grommet top is one of its trendiest. It comes in a 2-panel set and thermally insulated which will fit most windows without any modifications.
According to research statistics, the curtain blocks out up to 100% of UV and 99% of daylight. Besides darkening the room, the curtain also boosts the room’s appeal. Use only non-chlorine bleach when necessary for machine wash.
6. Eclipse Curtains, Blackout Window Curtain (Single Panel)
Measuring 84 x 52 (L, W) inches, the Fresno blackout window curtain from Eclipse Curtains fit different window sizes. The single panel wheat curtain is made from 100% polyester and will block off up to 99% of light while minimizes intrusive noise by nearly 40%.
Furthermore, it helps keep the internal room temperature cool and in the process brings down the cost associated with heating and cooling.
5. Utopia Bedding, Room Darkening Curtains
Utopia Bedding blackout curtain measures 52 by 63 inches and features 8 rings per panel. The 2-panel set can cover an area measuring 104 x 63 inches and will block off up to 99 percent of the light as well as reducing the noise by as much as 40 percent.
The front and back feature the same material and also include a 4-inch hem at the bottom and 1-inch hem on its sides. This not only makes it more durable and elegant but also long-lasting. However, you shouldn’t wash it in hot water as it may lose its functionality.
4. Best Home Fashion, Thermal Insulated Blackout Curtains
The blackout window curtain from Best Home Fashion comes in dimensions of 63 inches (length) and 52 inches (wide). It is made from 100% polyester, comes in 2 panels, and has an antique bronze grommet.
Courtesy of the innovative triple weave fabric, the product is very strong and blocks out sunlight including harmful UV rays. It also helps moderate the room temperature by insulating it against heat and cold.
3. Utopia Bedding, Blackout Room Darkening Curtains
Room Darkening curtains by Utopia Bedding measures 52 x 63 inches, comes with a 2-panel set and features 7 back loops. These darkening curtains are designed to fit areas not measuring larger than 104 x 63 inches and feature strong hemming at the bottom as well as the sides.
Besides blocking away 99% of the light it also reduces the noise that may enter the room by up to 60%. It would have topped the list if it came with more dependable hooks rather than string tie-backs.
2. Deconovo, Home Thermal Insulated Blackout Curtain
Deconovo is offering a thermal insulated blackout curtain that is made of 100% polyester and measures 52 x 95 inches. Coming in a single panel, it will stop up to 99% of sunlight from penetrating through and also reduces the inductive noise creative a peaceful and serene environment.
The machine-washable curtain is easy to wash and care for and will keep your room very cool. The curtains are quite light making it very easy to handle.
1. Best Home Fashion, Thermal Insulated Blackout Curtains
Blackout window curtains by Best Home Fashion measuring 52 inches wide and 84 inches in length, the 100% polyester-made thermal insulated curtain is ideal for different window sizes and is durable and easy to maintain.
The 2-panel set has its fabric rated at 240GSM which is quite adequate for stopping light and noise from penetrating through it. The dense and technologically advanced triple weaved fabric also protects against destructive UV rays, cold, heat and conserves energy.
All of the above blackout curtains are made by leading manufacturers using reliable and effective fabrics that will effectively block off the harmful daylight. To remain their strong qualities, most require you to avoid using hot water or strong bleaches as this may ruin them.