Accidental spillage, poor washing habits, carrying not-so-good smelling products, high temperatures burning the interior leather, plastic and other plastics and excessive sweating are all the cause of the bad odor. With these problems, you can restore the fresh smell by using an air freshener.
Some Different Types of Car Air Freshener
– Hanging Cardboard: This comes in form of a shaped cardboard that has been dipped/sprayed with a fragrance/oil scent and is usually hanged from the steering wheel column, rear view mirror or any other place.
– Aerosol Cans: This is a quick fix to bad spell and may last for several hours before needing re-spraying. The duration of the smell may vary from brand to brand.
– Can Freshener: It comes as a can that contains some nice-smelling gel whose fumes are released into the atmosphere via some perforated holes on top of the lid.
– Bag: A small ventilated bag/sack containing nicely-scented granules releases the fragrance over time.
– Vent sticks: The freshener is clipped inside the airflow and will be released as air passes through and inside the car.
– Auto Plug-in: The air freshener is connected to the car’s power source that heats and releases the scent when it is on.
Features to pay attention when searching for the air freshener:
– Smell: They all produce friendly and non-offensive smell that appeals to the majority of the buyers.
– Packaging: The item is packed in user-friendly aerosol cans or easy-to-hang cardboard and can be placed inside the car with minimal inconvenience.
– Easy-to-use: Using the air freshener is simple and straightforward and doesn’t require lots of effort or frequent refilling/replacing.
– Durability: The featured car air fresheners will remain functional for a long time.
– Cost effective: The review focused on high-quality air fresheners that were affordable and this was further boosted by the products longevity.
The Top 10 Car Air Fresheners in 2106
The following review is critically conducted to search for the best car air fresheners in the market.
- 10. Chemical Guys, Premium Air Freshener and Odor Eliminator
- 9. DollarScent, Assorted (5-pack) Premium Luxury Car Air Freshener
- 8. Febreze, Air Clip Air Freshener
- 7. Meguiar’s, Whole Car Air Refresher Odor Eliminator
- 6. PURGGO, Car Air Freshener
- 5. FRiEQ, Car Air Purifier
- 4. KOKO AROMA, Car Air Freshener
- 3. BellaSentials, Aromatherapy Car Essential Oil Diffuser Air Freshener
- 2. Ozium, Smoke and Odors Eliminator
- 1. Febreze, Air Freshener
10. Chemical Guys, Premium Air Freshener and Odor Eliminator
Car air freshener by Chemical Guys does a good job of eliminating bad odor and giving the “New Car” smell. The premium product comes in a 16 0z pack and is made from specially engineered fragrances. Being a Natural enzymatic air freshener, it is pretty strong and can be diluted with distilled water.
The premium product comes in a 16 0z pack and is made from specially engineered fragrances. Being a Natural enzymatic air freshener, it is pretty strong and can be diluted with distilled water.
9. DollarScent, Assorted (5-pack) Premium Luxury Car Air Freshener
Car air freshener by DollarScent relies on slow release technology that ensures your car smells fresh and for longer. It comes in a 5-pack and is made using all-natural products that keep the user and the surrounding safe.
The premium air freshener will purify the air inside the car by eliminating the odor and releasing light fresh scent and contains no chemicals or toxins.
8. Febreze, Air Clip Air Freshener
Febreze car air freshener is available in Hawaiian Aloha accent and comes in a 4 pack. Besides eradicating the offending smells such as s cigarette smoke, sweat, pet fur odor, it also introduces a refreshing scent that lasts for a long time.
It easily attaches to the car and is easy to control. However, be careful on using more than one piece as it is quite strong.
7. Meguiar’s, Whole Car Air Refresher Odor Eliminator
Engineered to work from a molecular lever, the car air freshener by Meguiar’s will keep the entire car fresh and pleasant. The mist produced by the 2.5 oz aerosol will swiftly and deeply penetrate inside the vents, fabrics, headliner and other hard-to-reach area eliminating sweat, cigarette smoke, work-out gear odor and wet pet odor among other offending smells.
The mist produced by the 2.5 oz aerosol will swiftly and deeply penetrate inside the vents, fabrics, headliner and other hard-to-reach area eliminating sweat, cigarette smoke, work-out gear odor and wet pet odor among other offending smells.
6. PURGGO, Car Air Freshener
The car air freshener by PURGGO is bound to make the air in your car smell better and for longer thanks to its long-lasting effects. Unlike other fresheners that mask the odor, this one absorbs the smell ensuring only the natural smell remains. It’s made out of 100% bamboo charcoal that is known to be effective and natural. The non-toxic product is safe for adults, kids, and pets and also to the environment. However, it functions a bit slower compared to other alternatives.
It’s made out of 100% bamboo charcoal that is known to be effective and natural. The non-toxic product is safe for adults, kids, and pets and also to the environment.
5. FRiEQ, Car Air Purifier
FRiEQ is designed to work with the cigarette lighter slot and will start releasing good scent almost immediately. Instead of simply masking the bad smells, this one completely destroys the odor.
The product is also ideal for eliminating smoke, sweat and pet, etc. Unfortunately, it doesn’t support 24-volt electrical systems.
4. KOKO AROMA, Car Air Freshener
The car air freshener by KOKO AROMA provides a strong scent that will mask any bad odor. It resembles a stainless steel locket that is inserted inside the car’s air vents and will slowly release the scent inside the vehicle.
Since it’s made from metal, you don’t need to worry about durability.With this type of freshener, you can choose your favorite essential oil scent.
3. BellaSentials, Aromatherapy Car Essential Oil Diffuser Air Freshener
Eliminate the bad odor and make your car smell better by using the car scent by BellaSentials. The diffuser is made from polished stainless steel and consists of a leather hanging loop, purple crystal locket and black agate tassel.
To enjoy the fragrance all you need is to add 2 or 3 drops of your preferred essential oil to the built-in pad.
2. Ozium, Smoke and Odors Eliminator
Ozium car air freshener comes in a two-pack and has a 127g/ 4.5 oz capacity. Designed for car, home and office, this original scent will easily eradicate different odors including smoke and will leave your car more conducive thanks to its alluring smell.
Being a gel, the smell lasts for much longer and won’t melt even in high temperatures.
1. Febreze, Air Freshener
Coming in an original dual refill pack, the car air freshener by Febreze will eliminate any odor and make your car smell good and fresh for long. The 2 count,
The 2-count air freshener has a strong smell that will last up to 45 days on low setting. It features a dual scent chamber design that allows you easily alternate from one scent to another.
Making your car smell like your favorite scent or fragrance doesn’t require expensive product. You don’t need to tolerate the bad smell inside the car or using products that offer short-term relief. What you need is the right air freshener for your car. The top picks in the markets have been listed in the above 10 best car air fresheners reviews making it easy for you to find the best product.