When working in small or tight spaces that are or poorly-lit, holding a lamp with your hands can be quite inconvenient, and you will tend to shine the light on the wrong position increasing the chances of missing a step. To sort such issues people prefer a headlamp that provides you with a hands-free experience.
Key features of LED headlamp
- Lumens: Brightness provided by the LEDs provides sufficient brightness, not too much or too little.
- Beam: A good light provides a wide beam that focuses on a larger area as this improves visibility.
- Adjustability: The best choices will come with a range of lighting options and are easy to select. There is the low, medium, high, and even ultra-high. Selecting your preferred option is as easy as pressing or turning a button.
- Power options: Go for types whose battery last for long and are rechargeable. Some heavy-duty types come with a belt that can accommodate more battery packs for longevity.
- Energy Efficiency: The ideal LED headlamp should be bright enough yet conserves the energy and produces minimal heat.
- Durability: It should be made from robust and sturdy material that can tolerate knocks and bumps.
Key benefits of LED headlamps
- Versatility: They can be used in various situations including camping, biking, and hiking, trekking other outdoor activities with ease.
- Efficiency: They provide adequate lighting that frees up your hands allowing you to be more focused and productive.
- Ergonomic and Comfortable: Wearing a headlamp is more comfortable than holding with hands and also minimizes strain and fatigue.
Best LED Headlamps in 2018
The headlamps are built differently and vary in terms of features, and specs. We gather the best LED headlamp to help you find out the best LED headlamps for your desire.
- 10. Yalumi, LED Headlamp
- 9. Blitzu, Brightest LED Headlamp
- 8. GRDE, 3 Modes LED Headlight
- 7. Mifine, Waterproof LED Headlamp
- 6. Energizer, 3 LED Headlamp
- 5. Coast, HL7 LED Headlamp
- 4. GRDE, Zoomable LED Headlamp
- 3. Luxolite, LED Headlamp Flashlight with Red Light
- 2. Shining Buddy, LED Headlamp
- 1. Lighting Ever, LE Headlamp LED
10. Yalumi, LED Headlamp
LED headlamp by Yalumi generates 105 Lumens and the beam can cover a distance of 90 meters. It is light, compact and relies on an advanced optical lens that delivers the light in 3 modes (high, economy and strobe).
In economy mode, the battery will last 187 hours while the brightness mode is about 95 hours. Other features include adjustable headband, lock mode, lamp angle tilt and IPX4 water resistance.
9. Blitzu, Brightest LED Headlamp
LED headlamp by Blitzu is suitable for men, women and kids and can be used for camping, hiking, kayaking, emergency, home projects. Weighing 2.2 pounds and providing 165 Lumen of brightness, it can effectively illuminate a distance of up to 60 meters.
It’s made from a strong and non-toxic material that is eco-friendly and has a waterproof rating of IPX5. To keep you safe while in the dark even when not turned on, the headlamp comes with reflective headbands that are easily adjustable, comfortable and secure.
8. GRDE, 3 Modes LED Headlight
LED light by GRDE offers 2200 Lumens and comes with 3 lighting modes (strobe, low and high). The waterproof headlight is powered by 1 or 2 rechargeable lithium-ion batteries and is fit for camping and other outdoor activities.
To make it long-lasting and tolerate the harsh outdoors, the casing is built from the aluminum alloy while the elasticized straps are very strong.
7. Mifine, Waterproof LED Headlamp
LED headlamp by Mifine is very powerful and produces up to 3500 lumens and is good for fishing, hiking, and other outdoor sports. It is constructed from aluminum alloy crust that is durable and is resistant to abrasion and rust.
The waterproof headlamp comes with 4 light modes (Strobe, High, Mid and Low) and the bulbs can last for 100,000 hours or more. It uses rechargeable batteries which is very eco-friendly.
6. Energizer, 3 LED Headlamp
Energizer headlamp comes with 3 LED that produces 50 lumens and features 2 light modes. The pivot mechanism allows the light to turn to a degree of nearly 180 degrees and will firmly remain at the selected point.
It runs on 3 AAA batteries (Energizer type recommended) and comes with a slide switch for better control.
5. Coast, HL7 LED Headlamp
HL7 LED headlamp by Coast is focusing type that generates up to 285 Lumens and has a maximum beam distance of 390 feet (119 meters). The lowest light setting is 4 lumens and covers a beam distance of 42 feet (13 meters).
The headlamp can last for up to 1h30 while on the low it is 70 hours. A pouch is attached for safe and convenient storage.
4. GRDE, Zoomable LED Headlamp
GRDE LED headlamp is well-known for its zoomable function that allows the light and beam to be adjusted easily. It lumens brightness is 1800 and has a lifespan of up to the max of 100,000 hours.
Besides being a headlamp, it is also a desk lamp and waist lamp and features Low, Mid and Strobe lighting modes. A wall charger, USB Cable and Car Charger comes included in the pack.
3. Luxolite, LED Headlamp Flashlight with Red Light
LED headlamp by Luxolite is light weighing and ideal for any activities during nighttime. It’s very bright and can shine to a maximum distance of 300 feet. It also features white and red lighting options for either flashing or steady beams and relies on Cree XP-E R3 bulbs whose lifespan exceeds 50,000 hours.
There are 2 buttons for selecting red or white light option and has a waterproof rating of IPX6. The body can tilt in 5 positions reaching a maximum angle of 70 degrees and can resist impact from heights of up to 5 feet.
2. Shining Buddy, LED Headlamp
LED headlamp by Shinning Buddy can be worn by both adults and kids. It provides 160 lumens, features 5 settings (White Strobe, High, Low, Red Flashing and Red Beam) and has two switches.
Weighing approximately 2.6 oz and featuring extra smooth straps, it is among the lightest and most comfortable headlamps in the market. The shock and water resistant product run on 3 AAA batteries.
1. Lighting Ever, LE Headlamp LED
Lighting Ever (LE) headlamp features 4 LEDS and is suitable for running, camping, hiking. It comes with 4 lighting modes (3 white and one red flashing) and is powered via 3 AAA batteries. The unit is very light (weighing 2.85 oz) and is secured to the head using some soft and comfortable adjustable straps. It comes with a waterproof rating of IP44 and is ideal for the outdoors especially wet environment.
The unit is very light (weighing 2.85 oz) and is secured to the head using some soft and comfortable adjustable straps. It comes with a waterproof rating of IP44 and is ideal for the outdoors especially wet environment.
With LED headlamps you are assured of proper lighting while keeping your hands free. Don’t be left in the dark. Choose the right LED headlamp and enjoy convenience, better visibility.
Make sure that you should not shine the light in the eyes directly as it may cause harm due to the bright light.