When it comes to the question which is best in a variety of goods in the market, many different answers are given due to diversity in preferences and tastes among the users.
Normally, there are a number of factors taken into consideration to choose a good knife, they include:
• The design of the knife – does its blade curve look great, what is its weight, how does it look in terms of shape, and how effective are these to its usage.
• The material of the knife – some people would consider soft steel since it is easy to sharpen and others would go for hard majorly because it retains its edges.
• Style – there are those who prefer slim knives and other go for broad one.
• Craftsmanship – this includes the tightness and firmness of the knife, softness of the handles, and the blade honing.
Taking into considerations, the factors mentioned and many other personal preferences, have a look and I am sure you will find your preference. Comparatively, in this article we are discussing the top 10 best chef knives in 2018.
- 10. Victorinox 47521 10-Inch Chef’s Knife, Black Fibrox Handle
- 9. Wusthof Pro Cook’s Knife, 8-Inch
- 8. Chef Knife by Kitchen Galaxy – 8 Inch Stainless Steel Blade
- 7. DALSTRONG Chef’s Knife – Shogun Series X Gyuto – VG10 – Hammered Finish – 8” (200mm)
- 6. Victorinox Swiss Classic 8” Chef’s Knife
- 5. J.A HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL Classic 8 – inch Chef’s Knife
- 4. Non-stick Sushi Chef’s Knife
- 3. Wusthof Classic 8-Inch Cook’s Knife
- 2. Shun VB0706 Sora Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- 1. Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
10. Victorinox 47521 10-Inch Chef’s Knife, Black Fibrox Handle
This Chef’s knife by Victorinox is made of the stainless steel material. It is good for any fine and precise cutting. Due to the fact that it is made of the stainless steel, this gives you all the confidence that it is stain-resistant. You will always feel comfortable with on your hands and durable in any conditions. Moreover, its long blade makes it fit for larger hands and the lightweight nature makes it is a suitable tool for cooking activities such as: slicing, cutting, mincing, dicing, and chopping.
9. Wusthof Pro Cook’s Knife, 8-Inch
For those who like product from German, this is among the best. This is one of the Wusthof Pro series knives in the market. It is designed to be used by those who cook as their profession. Actually, it works well for high demands in the food industry. It is designed with a finger guard in its handle, features Santoprene, and approved by NSF. The blad itself is made of carbon stainless steel and offers the laser technology.
8. Chef Knife by Kitchen Galaxy – 8 Inch Stainless Steel Blade
Once you buy this knife you will be satisfied forever because of its remarkable durability and quality services. It’s ideal weight, sharp blade, non-slip, and the sturdy handle makes it easy to cut through any food effortlessly. It is ideal for chopping any kind of food.
7. DALSTRONG Chef’s Knife – Shogun Series X Gyuto – VG10 – Hammered Finish – 8” (200mm)
This product by Dalstrong includes an ultra-sharp VG – 10 Japanese super steel core. It has a sharp scalpel-like edge blade cooled in nitrogen for the good harness which gives it a great performance. The knife is made of high-carbon stainless steel which makes it strong, stain resistance and durable. Its handle is hand polished and designed for superior control and comfortable on any hand. Its blade width of 55mm serves to improve knuckle clearance during working.
6. Victorinox Swiss Classic 8” Chef’s Knife
Victorinox chef’s knife, a Switzerland master cutlers, comes with lifetime warranty of usage due its durability and good quality of services. It has a slip resistant designed and ergonomic Fibrox handle which enhances its comfort when in use. The knife is approved by the National Sanitary Foundation to be healthy and friendly to use.
5. J.A HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL Classic 8 – inch Chef’s Knife
J.A knife is made of high-carbon stainless steel and bolsters blade. The hot drop forged stainless steel makes it strong and durable. For firmness, its handle is full tang triple riveted. It is stain and rust resistant. It is a multiple purposes knife which can be used for cutting, mincing, dicing, slicing, and chopping all kinds of food.
4. Non-stick Sushi Chef’s Knife
This Sushi and Culinary knife is a perfect product for meat, specifically Sushi lover and make the whole activity look professional. It is a light-weight knife that gives a very comfortable feel for easy cutting and even cleaning. It’s smooth and shiny design adds a great look to any kitchen. The sharp blade enhances the cutting of meat and sushi.
3. Wusthof Classic 8-Inch Cook’s Knife
This knife has a finger guard in its handle for safety purposes. Its blade is made of forged high-carbon steel which enhances its strength and durability. It has a heavy 8-inch blade and hand-honed razor-like sharp which makes it a perfect knife for cutting and chopping activities.
2. Shun VB0706 Sora Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
This is a Sora Chef’s Knife in 10 best chef knives in 2018 produced by the Shun. The knife has a san mai edge which makes it stain resistant; the knife edge is created by stainless steel VG10 cutting core. It is made of Japanese 420J mirror polished blade and designed with a traditional handle of a textured TPE polymer which is easy store and take care.
1. Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
The Victorinox Fibrox Chef’s Knife’s blade is made of stainless steel which makes the knife sharp and the same time increase its edge retention. The knife’s blade is conical ground made and laser tested to enhance resistance during cutting. Its handle is slip resistant and ergonomically designed to enhance comfort.
To wrap up, the Shun and Wusthof chef knives would be best fit the small hand size people. Consequently, the Henckel knife will give you that traditional taste you want together with the hefty feature.
Finally, the above-discussed 10 best chef knives in 2018 feature all the requirements that you look for a knife and you are assured of lifetime warranty of use since they are strong and durable.